miercuri, 25 noiembrie 2015

PDF2DTP (PDF to InDesign) Review - "It is fantastic" - Claudia McCue

http://tinyurl.com/qb724d7 Follow the link and save 20% when you order any product from Markzware.
PDF2DTP (PDF to InDesign) Review - "It is fantastic" - Claudia McCue. A customer story or testimonial on Markzware's PDF2DTP (PDF to InDesign) within Adobe InDeisgn CS6 or CC (CS5.5 and CS5 versions of the plugin available.) PDF2DTP: http://www.markzware.com/products/pdf2dtp David Dilling of Markzware interviewed trainer and printing and prepress writer, Claudia McCue - http://www.claudiamccue.com after reading this tweet: "PDF2DTP from @Markzware saved my digital bacon today! (They make such great stuff)" Source: https://twitter.com/claudiamccue She further tweeted about PDF2DTP - "Needed a table from long-lost ID file; PDF2DTP let me extract from PDF (Acrobat was no help!) and crisis averted!" And when asked about the competition from Recosoft, she said: @haemeulrich 13 november @claudiamccue Better than recosoft? @haemeulrich I actually do like PDF2DTP better than the Recosoft solution (PDF2ID). :-) In this video see how easy PDF2DTP works in getting PDF data back into InDesign or into InDesign for the first time. Even complex tables! From Markzware, the leader in advanced desktop publishing conversion, preflight and packaging software. PDF2DTP (PDF to InDesign) Review - "It is fantastic" - Claudia McCue "PDF2DTP from @Markzware saved my digital bacon today! (They make such great stuff)". And really, we really like to hear that stuff, as would any software developer, so I thought we'd reach out to her and try to learn and understand more exactly what happened. So, Claudia maybe you can first give us a little background about what you do and how you earn your digital bacon, so to speak. My digital bacon, yeah. Well, my background is in prepress. I'm not a designer and so I've spent the last however many years taking files apart and fixing them, so that they would print. But I thought, well, I'll go out there and find designers and I'll train them to build their files right, because the way I learned software was by taking apart things that didn't work, and so, I became a trainer about fourteen years ago. And so, now I work as a trainer and technical writer, and I have a book called Real World Print Production that's used as a text book in some schools, the idea being that if I could teach them to do it right, maybe printers wouldn't want to slap someone. Yeah, it's great. I saw here on your... I think it was up here on your Twitter profile, "Author of 'Real World Print Production.'" and "Class Clown and Science Student of the Year." Yes, odd combination, but..." So, how do we exactly... Well, first of all, just for people who don't know, Markzware's PDF2DTP is a PDF to InDesign conversion filter and it will basically, with a click or two, convert your PDF files into InDesign. It doesn't really matter where the PDF comes from. And what was happening in your case, exactly? This was a rework of an old, old file that a client had done, and there was one page with this big chart on it and it was not part of the file, but they wanted to incorporate it. So, I said, "Okay, send me the InDesign file." And they couldn't find it, but they could find a PDF. And it was a rather complex table. And I thought, Well I could send it over, but I'm so far behind now, and then it hit me. I thought well I could take it into Acrobat and wait a minute! I've got the Markzware plugin. I'm an idiot. I didn't have to type it over and, look, and it's the table. Yeah. the emotional impact that it was for me, like uh oh. Well, yeah, you understand the complexity, like you said, of creating these tables and to redo them is a timely process. And, mind you, Ron Crandall also had to work many extra hours to get these tables to work and they don't always come over perfectly. You'll have to do some touching up. But still... It's an amazing job, you know. It is fantastic. Wow, wonderful! Well... If I ever meet him, I'll hug him. (laughs) He'll appreciate that. Well, he'll see the video. He'll get a virtual hug. Okay. So, yeah, we really appreciate you sharing this. If you want to hear more testimonials on Markzware's PDF2DTP or our other products, cruise on over to youtube.com/markzwaretv and down below, you'll get a host of different playlists and one of those is Testimonials where you can click on and view a plethora of wonderful user feedback and comments and praise on PDF2DTP, but also on Q2ID, and FlightCheck, and other Markzware products. For more information on Markzware's PDF2DTP, cruise on over to markzware.com today. There, you'll get more information on Markzware's PDF to InDesign plugin, or PDF2DTP, Thank you. David Dilling from Markzware, wishing you a fantastic day! Read more: http://markzware.com

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu