marți, 20 decembrie 2016

Bangkok Retro Gaming Stores

http://tidd.ly/ecd1b1d0 Sale page at QdStores
I visited Bangkok back in February 2008 and decided to hunt for Retro game stores in the City. After spending days with my Ex-Wife shopping for her handbags, shoes clothes etc...........it was now my turn. The hunt commenced, I started by asking locals in game shops and they pointed me in the right direction. We were directed to China Town, there is this Labyrinth of a Market dedicated to Consoles, Gadgets and R/C Cars. After an hour of searching through the Market, my Ex decided to go down this quite alley and she found it!!!! The shop is small but cute and is a dream for any retro gamer, the shop is called "Love Game Shop." It is owned by a friendly guy who sorted me out a good deal- I forgot his name though. We had a good chat about the good old days of gaming and we had a session on the SFC/Famicom too. He was surprised about how big retro gaming is in the west. His prices are reasonable depending on what you want. All the games/consoles are selifane wrapped and stored with care and are price labeled. The shop has everything from rare sort after stuff to game guides etc. The layout is neat and I easily identified and found what I wanted. It was a real pleasure shopping there, so relaxing, it seemed like I was in his house as he was very hospitable towards my Ex and I. I got the impression that he was very pleased to have tourists in his shop so it made us feel very comfortable. The second shop is based in the shopping district of Bangkok on the 6th floor of a mall called MBK. The shop is owned by Luol and is called "O-Corner." He owns a shop in Tokyo and two other new gen shops in Bangkok but his passion is retro gaming. Luol is a nice guy, he sorted me out a great discount. He told me that recently he had a TV crew arrive from Canada to review and do a feature on his shop. We had a good long chat again about the old days. He has so much stuff in such a small space and stuff that I have never seen before. All his items are neatly presented, his items are all price labeled and selifane wrapped. Luol has everything in his shop, he even has more stock at his house. He's used to dealing with tourists so it was not a surprise for him to have us there however, we still felt comfortable and welcomed at his shop. I love digging for games and that is what I was doing there - there was too many, Luol was a great help, again I enjoyed the shopping experience. All his items are neatly stacked/presented on shelfs - very easy to search and I.D items. Ratings for both shops: Selection of items 10 Quality of items 10 Shop Deals 9 Shopping experience 10 Shop Owners 10 Stock Layout 10 Shop Locations 8 Atmosphere 10 Final Thoughts: Both shops I visited are fantastic, it is common for shop owners in Bangkok to "BUG" tourists and then attempt to rip - them off. These guys would not even think of doing that. For them it's not just a business but an opportunity to meet new people and do the best honest deals for them.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu